[TenTec] Omni V Noiseblanker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V Noiseblanker
From: WK2W@aol.com (WK2W@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:54:33 EDT
Thanks for all the input so far.

I don't want to use up excessive bandwidth here, but I must explain that this
problem with the noise blanker does not seem normal.

I used a noise blanker on a TS-530 that did not exhibit this problem. In
addition, with the Omni, it does not matter how much blanking I try to use. As
long as I have the noise blanker switch depressed, I notice this clicking
problem. And, until I can identify and eliminate the S9 buzz, (not
atmospheric), I must use it even to work "locals". It just doesn't make sense
that TenTec - being the CW/Contest rig maker they are would leave you with a
choice of accepting intolerable man-made noise; or using the noise blanker that
lets one strong signal wipe out the entire CW portion of the band.
Is it my rig, or has anyone else with an Omni V noticed this?