[TenTec] 2591

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2591
From: kb1ckt@yahoo.com (Shawn Upton)
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 05:44:37 -0700 (PDT)
I just picked up a pair of the 2m HT's, 2591's, at the
recent hamfest.  The battery packs were bad upon
inspection (not surprising_, so I bought a replacement
NiCAD to rebuild one pack.  I'll make my own cheapie
charger (C/10 charger, easy enough to do); but I'm
wondering if anyone has some info on these units?

I'm tempted to order a manual from TenTec the next
time I have to call them; but in particular, can one
power these radios on 13.8V?  Or is for only 8.4V (the
voltage of the battery pack)?

Thanks
KB1CKT
Shawn Upton