[TenTec] Low Output, Corsair II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Low Output, Corsair II
From: k6sdw@hotmail.com (Eddy Avila)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:42:09 +0000
Jim....I just had similar problem and to my horror discovered one of the
driver transistors on the low level driver board had never been soldered to
the circuit board as well as a couple of the assocated caps!!! Not a drop of
solder was on the pads, just the leads sticking through the holes.....Not
making this up........U G H!!! I just bought the rig a year or so ago off of
eBay so not sure if this problem bothered previous owners, but can't believe
it didn't show up in the last twenty years (or, however long ago the rig was
manufacturered).

I also found a bad 10k pot on the ALC board that was intermittent (the ones
to align the ALC action), couldn't find a direct replacement so jerry-rigged
a pot on the board until I can locate a proper replacement and this
"stablized" the output.

Hope this helps some........good luck! 73 /ed