[TenTec] Scout problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout problem
From: bstephens1@mindspring.com (robert k stephens)
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:45:47 -0400
Hello

I think I may have discovered at least one of the causes of one of my
problems.
None of the modules seat perfectly into the rig. With great difficulty I
managed to push the 20 meter module all the way in. When it was all the way
in the transmit frequency stabilized and stopped fm-ing. I wasn't able to
get any of the other modules to seat perfectly. I think the frame or
contacts inside the rig are bent or out of alignment. The difference
between good enough and not good enough is maybe less than a 1/16 ".

So, I'll try to fix this alignment problem first and see what other
problems remain after I can get the modules properly seated.

Thanks everyone
Bob KB1CIW