ADMIN: Re: [TenTec] Emailing: HAM

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: ADMIN: Re: [TenTec] Emailing: HAM
From: jmlowman@directvinternet.com (Jim Lowman)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 18:38:27 -0800
Guess I need to confer with the server owner about Mailman's approach to
some of the problems that are occurring on the list lately.

Under the old Majordomo software, it was easy to configure the list
software so that HTML and other stylized text did not make it to the list.
I think any attachment was also stripped at the server.

In the meantime, please observe the following few rules of long standing:

1)  Do not send messages with attachments to the list

2)  Use only plain text in posting to the list

The only way that I know to stop the problem is to put the list in
"moderated mode," which I do know how to do, but I'm sure that everyone
would prefer that I didn't.

Thanks and 73 de Jim - AD6CW