[TenTec] K5PX emails have a v i r u s attached

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] K5PX emails have a v i r u s attached
From: N4NT@chartertn.net (Mike Hyder)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:42:04 -0500
The bad thing about these viruses is that with Outlook Express and possibly
Outlook, one of the files is identified as an audio files which will open
automatically as background inserts.  Zone Alarm catches them.  Probably
most all anti-virus programs with current virus definitions will catch them,
too.

The ones from K5PX are contaminated with the Win32.Aliz worm.  See
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.aliz.worm.html
Information and a patch for this exploit can be found at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS01-020.asp

The one from BRUCE BURNETTE is contaminated with the Win32.Badtrans.29020
worm.  See
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.b@mm.ht
ml

Sure would be nice if the reflector didn't propagate these attachments.

73, Mike N4NT