[TenTec] Wanted: Transformer for 255 power supply

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Wanted: Transformer for 255 power supply
From: gbutzlaff@wi.rr.com (Glenn Butzlaff)
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 12:40:30 -0600
Just wondering if anyone has a junked 255 or equivalent power supply that
has a good transformer. I considered yanking the transformer out of my 252MO
but don't really think I want to ruin a good supply for parts. The one I
have now has an incurable hum that is finding its way into the audio on my
Omni. I subbed a new filter cap to see if that would cure the hum, but no
go. The transformer is tight, but vibrates enough to physically feel it when
touching the cabinet. I didn't try pounding any wood wedges into the sides
of the windings on the transformer. If I'm gonna pull the transformer I
would rather just replace it. Thanks for reading.

Glenn, WE9K