[TenTec] New TT QRP Rig

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New TT QRP Rig
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 07:56:56 -0800 (PST)
Is it just me or does anyone else get the impression
that there is a growing tendency for all of the major
amateur radio makers to publicize upcoming new models
many months before they will be available? It seemed
like in the past it was never more than 3 or so
months.

Perhaps I'm naive, but I would think that a
manufacturer could pull off a major marketing coup by
showing up at Dayton with a brand new model (not
previously publicized) that is ready to ship. Then
when a potential customer comes to the booth and asks
"when will it be available?" the vendor could say,
"today, how many you want?, I have a whole truck full
of them". I think that would keep potential customers
more exited than having to wait 6 months to a year or
more for something to begin shipping. That's a lot of
time for the excitement to wear off, and it gives the
competition more time to react.

I get the impression that the RX350 comes a bit closer
to the ~6 months "announcement to shipping"  scenario.
BTW does anyone know if it is now shipping?

N9DG