[TenTec] Century 21 questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Century 21 questions
From: Lynn Stolz" <lstolz@columbus.rr.com (Lynn Stolz)
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 18:55:05 -0500
Hi Mike,

I've owned several Century 21's and my experience is that for the rated
input, you will <nominally> achieve 25 watts on 80, 40, and 20 meters. On 15
meters you will achieve approximately 20 watts. On 10 meters, be glad you
get over 15 watts output.  The C/21 is not the most efficient unit ever
manufactured with regard to transmitter efficiency, but it has one of the
sweetest CW signals around. As a QRPer, you already know what 25 watts can
do! Try to eke out more output; you will put the finals in jeopardy.

There are two finger hole openings on the bottom right of the bottom shell
that you will find trim-pots that adjust the sidetone volume and pitch.
Wiggle each one just a bit to determine which one it is. I adjusted my
sidetone pitch to track the peak frequency when the C/21 is in the sharpest
bandwidth setting.

Enjoy!  73!

Lynn,  N8AJ