[TenTec] Phase noise mod?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Phase noise mod?
From: DK2GZ@aol.com (DK2GZ@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 04:37:22 EST
Hello

my second rig is a Paragon I, first one is an OMNI 6+.

I noticed a strong filter blow by and TenTec told me the problem is the phase
noise of the Paragon, I saw some posts about a phase noise mod by replacing the
pin-diodes in the Paragon.

Is there an other mod to reduce the phase noise or to
get a better selectivity with the Paragon?
Use the 500 and 250 Hz filter in the Paragon and with the same filter setup,
the OMNI 6+ is much better in selectivity during contests and strong signals on
the band.

73 de Harry, DK2GZ