[TenTec] Re: OMNI VI+ DISCONTINUED - NEW "ORION" LATE SUMMER

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: OMNI VI+ DISCONTINUED - NEW "ORION" LATE SUMMER
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:21:54 -0600
How would the group feel about an almost fully digital radio built around a
DSP "core" operating at 30 to 50 KHz, with up and down converters and
amplifiers, etc. before (for receiving) and after (for transmitting)? All
signal generation, modulation, filtering, demodulation, etc. done
digitally? No crystal filters at all, except for roofing purposes?

With extensive built-in computer and audio interfacing, or perhaps with a
self-contained "soundcard?" Or, even a self-contained computer requiring
only the addition of a mouse, keyboard and monitor?

How about the Big Brother to the Pegasus and Jupiter?

Remember where Doug Smith worked before coming to TenTec . . .?

Hmmm . . .

72/73/oo, George W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 56th year and it just keeps getting better!
QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6 SOC 262 COG 8 FPQRP 404 TEN-X 11771
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina #91900556  IC-765 #02437

All outgoing email virus-checked by Norton Anti-Virus 2002