[TenTec] ORION wish list

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION wish list
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:40:09 -0800 (PST)
I'm not sure that all of the details are already cast
in stone (or is that silicon?) so some "should we
include it" or not kinds of decisions for little
feature niceties may still yet to be made. However I
do agree with Carl that it is very likely to be DSP
IF, what remains to be seen is the choice of A/D bits
DSP processor choice etc. Or if it will be borrowing
heavily from existing DSP designs.

I'm also puzzled why there is such a disgust for low
IF frequencies? Especially with todays DSP technology.
Personally I would lean toward a direct conversion
arrangement a la Collins 95S-1.

Duane
N9DG