[TenTec] Split operation, etc.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Split operation, etc.
From: cjm@qvssoftware.com (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:50:42 -0500
Mark,

Your split DX requirements are implemented in my Pegasus software.
Let me explain how it goes.

First I'll assume you are using the Pegasus only with the remote tuning pod.
The remote tuning pod can be configured to have 26 different functions on
14 of the 15 keys.

You are tuning and find a DX station at 14.025.  He says he is listening
up 5 to 10.  You would press the "Up" key followed by the "5" key.
This would result in VFO B being set to 14.030 and "split" being turned
on.  Next, to be sure you don't move VFO A, click "LOCK".  This locks
VFO A so it never moves but leaves VFO B unlocked.  Now, you press
"REV" to temorarily swap to VFO B.  You tune until you find the guy
the DX station is working.  Anytime you release the "REV" key, you hear
the DX station.  When you find the guy he is working, you release "REV",
and transmit.  You are right where he is listening.

In this second scenario, I assume you have a Pegasus and either an RX320
or RX340 to allow full dual receive.  In this mode, you can either use
stereo
headphones so the pegasus receiver is in one ear, and the rx320 or rx340 is
in
the other ear or you can use two speakers.  I prefer the stereo headphones
as it is really easy to tell who is who by which ear you hear them in.

First you find the DX station at 14.025.  You press "Up" followed by the
"5" key.  VFO B is now at 14.030 and "split" transmit is now automatically
on.
Next, you press the "dual" key.  You are now hearing both sides at the same
time.
You press "VFO B" and now the main tuning knob controls VFO B and not VFO A.
You tune until you find the station he is working.  You transmit and you are
right
on the last place the DX was listening at.  This goes great and I usually
get
right through the pileup quickly.

Carl Moreschi N4PY