[TenTec] Split operation, etc.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Split operation, etc.
From: n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 00:58:13 -0000
I have my remote pod keys defined as follows:

F1 =   A/B
F2 =   A=B
F3 =   SPOT   (turns on the CW spotting tone)
Period Key = BOT (Go to the bottom of the current band)
0 = DUAL (toggle dual receive mode)
1 = Up  ( set VFO B = VFO A + next numeric key and turn on split transmit
mode)
2 = Down (set VFO B= VFO A _ next numeric key and turn on split transmit
mode)
3 = Split (toggle split transmit setting)
4 = ALC (make the tuning knob control power output)
5 = RIT (make the tuning knob control RIT)
6 = PBT (make the tuning knob control PBT)
7 = VFO A (make the tuning knob control VFO A freq)
8 = VFO B (make the tuning knob control VFO B freq)
9 = PTT (use this key as a PTT control)

If I want to do direct frequency entry, I just hit enter first, then the
digits in mhz
and then finally "enter".

Some other functions that can be defined are

Mode selections
Reverse
Next filter wider
Next filter narrower
Accessory Input and go to transmit
Keyer Speed
Tuning Selections
Next higher Tuning Step size
Next Lower tuning step

This gives you pretty good control from a very convenient
tuning pod located anywhere on the desk.

Carl  N4PY