[TenTec] Orion Preview

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Preview
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales)
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 15:48:51 -0500
Information on the Orion transceiver is now posted to the
Ten-Tec web site.  The URL is www.tentec.com/TT565.htm
Please note that if you go to the Ten-Tec main page at
www.tentec.com that nowhere does a link appear for Orion
info - at present you've got to enter the URL directly.
We'll change that in a few days.

The text that appears on the Orion is the same that we will be
bringing as product literature to distribute at the Charlotte
hamfest this coming weekend.

Of course, the information on the Orion is going to bring up an
endless series of questions about the new radio.  There are not a
whole lot of answers about specifics to be provided.  Like 'how
does this work', 'will this control do this, what's the range of this'
- implementation issues like these are still yet to be worked out.

Please note, the feature listing for the radio is by no means complete.
We've just touched on some of the highlights of what the new rig has
to offer.  Keep in mind all of this is subject to change.

There's no picture of the rig at present, as the cosmetics are still
subject to change.  Given the proliferation of digital cameras, I am
sure pictures of the prototype rig that we'll be showing at Charlotte
will make it to the web next week.  We'll wait until everything is
finalized before releasing a photo of our own.

There is no specification sheet included - while we do have specific
design goals for Orion in mind, we didn't want to publish a preliminary
spec data page only to find that the actual numbers exceed the
design goals.   We'll have specifics in time for Dayton.

73,
Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager, Ten-Tec

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
   Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
   Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
   Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>

   --->--->---> Please note: E-mail <sales@tentec.com> for sales
   and general product info only.  We presently do not offer
   repair, parts, or kit building tech support by electronic mail,
   please telephone (865) 428-0364 or (865) 453-7172.

   Ten-Tec manufactures amateur radio equipment, military and com-
   mercial use HF radio equipment, custom aluminum and steel
   enclosures and has an on-premises, fully equipped tool and die
   facility supplying metal and plastic injection mold industries.
   Potential tool and die, custom enclosure or communications
   electronics customer?  Contact us with your needs.