[TenTec] JT-11 internal tuner A.O.K.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] JT-11 internal tuner A.O.K.
From: khopper@uchicago.edu (Ken Hopper)
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 08:36:11 -0600
I just installed the JT-11 Internal Tuner in my JUPITER and it works like a
champ. The instructions have a couple of items that I found confusing, but it
worked out fine.

I didn't have any idea that the JUPITER contained a "Programmable Logic
Device" in addition to the firmware (user menu) that we have upgraded
routinely from the website.  The first step is to download the PLD upgrade
from the RFSQUARED webpage and do two upgrades. One to the PLD (539pld1b.ruf)
and I guess the other (JUPITER.RUF) is to the firmware EEPROM(?).

The internal tuner is as fast or faster then my external AT-11MP and it is
quiet. It seems to tune as well as the external tuner on all my antennas
(G5RV, Delta Loop, HF9V). I recommend it to the JUPITER owners. Nice addition
while waiting for your ORION to arrive (hihihi).

dit dit
de ken n9vv
http://www.n9vv.com/jupiter.html