[TenTec] TT Listening ?/ Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT Listening ?/ Orion
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:18:26 -0800 (PST)
I have confidence that the Orion synthesizer will be
very quiet in terms of phase noise. And I'm also not
too worried about internal digital noise coupling
issues either.

However the main point I think Carter was originally
driving at, and which is very important, is making
sure that the Orion will stand up solidly in an
unfriendly RF environment. Sure it is easy to say make
sure that everything is grounded properly, and yes it
is good practice, but it is not always the reality of
what peoples shacks are. If TT makes the Orion bullet
proof in terms holding up in such harsh RF
environments then it will be the competition that will
have the inferior immunity external RF/EMI. And as
Carter pointed out $5 or so in parts will go a long
way to making that happen.

Duane
N9DG