[TenTec] Orion at Charlotte

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion at Charlotte
From: ny9h@arrl.net (Bill Steffey)
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 10:34:55 -0600
two big knobs !!!!   o boy.......

So far we heard about many things which I've been able to check off my
"it's gotta have " list
1. analog & dsp noise reduction / noise blanker.....big deal for me
2.  'full time'  spectrum scope.... i thought it was said 'color'
3.   two tuning controls....
4.   two actual receivers......not the 756 hybrid "let's share an if & agc"
style
5.   built more like a 340 ,,, NO BIRDIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok  3 , I can't
hear .....
6.   tapped heatsink for the optional temp controlled fan ( i made that up )
7.   While I'm dreaming, I have not heard does it has the equivalent of
RF      clipping in the dsp ?????  and  a real meter like the 340.... ??????

I am warming up the ink in my Mont Blanc to sign the purchase order document.

(gotta go and sell something to pay for this thing)
bill