[TenTec] ORION group on Yahoo & Split operation

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION group on Yahoo & Split operation
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:24:41 -0500
As someone who runs several groups on Yahoo, and belongs to several others
there, I can personally vouch for John W4AU's comment re:Spam from Yahoo.

I not only get heavily spammed, but get multiples of each message -- one for
each group I either "own" or belong to.  And it has been this bad or worse
since Yahoo took over eGroups a few years ago.

I think the group should feel fortunate that the contesting.com / eHam.net
folks (you have noticed they are one & the same, haven't you?) are kind
enough to sponsor this and several other non-contest related reflectors.  In
other words, just because this reflector is hosted here doesn't make it the
"contesting" reflector.

73, ron wn3vaw

"You are a fluke of the Universe
You have no right to be here
And whether you can hear it or not,
The Universe is laughing behind your back"
-- National Lampoon's Deteriorata