[TenTec] KB7OEX: a big plus favoring ORION

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] KB7OEX: a big plus favoring ORION
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:18:46 -0800
I had one of the IC-211s.  Without a doubt the worst analog/digital
electrical design I have ever seen.  The manufacturing quality and component
selection was "less than poor", it was a nightmare to work on when it broke,
and the documentation was a joke.  Paid ~$750 for it new and finally sold it
for $100 a few years later. :-(

I think Icom was trying to usher in the era of "throw-away" radios.  :-)

My Omni VI/3 is just the opposite and it's been going strong now for 10
years with NO repairs needed.

Reid, K7YX