[TenTec] Protect your rigs.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Protect your rigs.
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 20:08:36 -0600
While we are on the subject of grounding.......

Please be sure that all driven grounds are bonded together........regardless
of what they are intended or used for.  IR drop across and through the earth
will make different ground rods end up with different potentials.
Therefore, ground is not ground as one might think during a nearby or direct
strike.  If they are bonded together then they all will most likely end up
at the same potential and none of the frying of electronics, relays, radios
and the like will occur.

See the following for more in-depth info:
http://www.lightningsafety.com/nlsi_lhm.html

73
Bob K4TAX