[TenTec] Orion power output

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion power output
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:08:01 -0500
> That's one dB of AUDIO that is detectable by the human ear, not one dB
> of AGC or signal strength, no matter how accurately measured.

I might not be following what you are trying to say...but.....

The AGC might stop or reduce a volume change, but that is all.

If I change the input power of the types of receivers we are talking
about one dB in reference to noise or interference, it will change
the output of the receiver one dB in reference to the same noise or
QRM...as long as the receiver is not overloaded.

That's true with or without AGC.

As a matter of fact, that is a standard test method for determining if
the receiver is overloading and generating garbage internally.
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com