[TenTec] Guidance on Linear Amplifier Choice

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Guidance on Linear Amplifier Choice
From: Richard.Knox@veridian.com (Richard.Knox@veridian.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:42:54 -0500
Good Afternoon Members of the Group!

    I am in need of the wisdom of this Group!

     When needed, I am currently using (and from time to time, repairing) my
venerable but aging SB-220 and SB-200 amps.  However, I would  really like to
acquire a modern, first class "legal limit" amplifier for my shack that will
last me the rest of my days in Amateur Radio.  (My primary tranceiver is a
Corsair II.)

    The choices I have been looking at include the Ten Tec Titan II (of
course!), the Alpha 99, the QRO HF 2500DX and the Commander HF 2500.

     Can the members of the Group who have experience with these (or similar)
kinds of linears provide me with their insights, experience and discriminators
they would suggest I use in making my choice?  I would be most grateful for any
help I can get in making my final decision.

       Thanks in advance,  and 73!   de KD4BRL   Dick Knox
Richard.Knox@Veridian.com