[TenTec] Delta II backlights part III the plot thickens

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta II backlights part III the plot thickens
From: prosolar@sssnet.com (mike bryce)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:18:16 -0400
Boys and girls

Last night when I posted part II, I forgot to mention that since the new
lamps have been cut, they lack the "clear border" around the lamp like the
original one. Therefore, the edges must be insulated with kaplar tape. IF
the lamp edges would make contact with the LCD pins, it's possible the LCD
or the LCD driver IC could be cooked by the lamp driver high voltage. That's
why the need for the kaplar tape.

I will supply more than enough kaplar tape to get the job done. and have
been thinking of having the lamps cut a bit smaller. And a pair of double
sided tape pads would hold the lamp in place.

and one more point....

I have to purchase the entire 18 piece lot on my credit card. therefore, I
need at least ten serious buyers with money in hand before I can order the
lamps.

Mike Bryce WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems

http://www.seslogic.com