[TenTec] Would like Corsair II comments

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Would like Corsair II comments
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 05:43:47 -0700 (PDT)
I think Carl and Steve are both correct.  The
audio-derived AGC scheme seems to have continued from
the Triton to the Omni and finally to the Corsair.
Depending on the rig, there was an audio notch filter
and/or audio bandpass filter within the agc loop.

IMHO, this AGC scheme should have been retired before
the introduction of the Corsair and an i.f. agc scheme
used.  It wasn't until the Omni V that this finally
occurred.

73,
Barry  N1EU

>I believe they used audio derived AGC to get the
>audio notch in the AGC loop.

> Gerald:
> Just curious about the filter delay comment. I
always thought the delay
> was in the audio/agc circuit which caused it not to
respond as fast as it
> should. Also can you comment on why you think TT
used audio agc instead
> of IF agc? I've seen some really simple IF agc
circuits that work great.
> Do you suppose it was just a carry over from the
Triton/Argo days when cw
> selectivity was dependent on the af filter being in
the agc loop?