[TenTec] TT wants to go nose to nose with the K2????

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT wants to go nose to nose with the K2????
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com (WA3FIY)
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 14:24:57 -0400
I think it's kind of an apples and oranges comparison.  Besides
the obvious difference of kit vs wired units, the Argonaut V
offers 20 watts, many more filtering options, AM, FM, general
coverage receive, TCXO [optional], downloadable updates to
firmware, Digital mode ready, and so on.

The K2 offers the chance to build a kit, [a plus for some
people], probably better receiver performance within the limits
of it's filter selections, built-in antenna tuner [optional], lower
receive power consumption and probably a few other things I
failed to mention.

I really think the two radios will appeal to two different groups
and I hope they both do well.

-Lee-