[TenTec] Heil HC-5 and Omni V

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Heil HC-5 and Omni V
From: VE1BN@aol.com (VE1BN@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 07:39:41 EDT
Hi Jeff -

I have been using the Heil BM-10 boomsets for a long time with both my
Paragon and OMNI 6+ rigs, and use them "barefoot", no preamps needed. Don't
quite understand why others should have poor results with theirs.

I never found the HC4 or HC5 element too low in output. These mikes work very
well for the close-talking they were designed for. No problem with background
noise which is exactly what I want. Audio gain pots on either rig never
exceed the 10 o'clock position. I don't talk loudly but use my processor at
10 o'clock.  Ten-Tec processors sound "normal", no distortion introduced, if
used properly, from reports I've received.

Much like what you do, Jeff?

73 -  Don  ve1bn@aol.com