[TenTec] Dayton and the 516

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Dayton and the 516
From: duffyb01@fuse.net (J. Duffy Beischel)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 20:27:05 -0400
Well I was disappointed when the higher price was announced for the 516.  Now
that I have seen the rig up close at
Dayton today, in my opinion, it is very overpriced.  They had the rig opened up
for all to see plus another rig that you
could play with.  The meter was crooked, and the rig just did not have that
quality look to it.  $595 would have been a
fair price, $695 pushing it a bit, $795 - they're kidding.  The only thing
going for it is that you can update the firmware.

I'm not bashing TT, as I have been happy with my Paragon II, Omni VI+ and my
Jupiter and have been a big supporter.
Just my opinion of the radio.

FWIW,

Duffy

J. Duffy Beischel - Amateur Radio WB8NUT - http://www.wb8nut.com

Member of: ARRL, NRA, Kiwanis, Republican Party, Masons, and Shriners
and the vast Right Wing conspiracy to get the Clintons

"If the government owned all the guns, would we still be a free people?"

"Taxation WITH Representation is not that great either."