[TenTec] Price comparisons

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Price comparisons
From: n2ka@optonline.net (Arthur Bernstein)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 00:52:29 -0400
It's very true that proportionately we are paying less for individual
items now as compared to lets say 1969. The only problem wiith this
rationale is today, even though we make more, there are so many MORE
consumer goods available to us and our kids. Therefore there are many
more things to waste (err. spend) our hard earned dollars on today that
didn't exist 30+ years ago. What I'm saying is due to this, even though
our incomes have outstripped the average costs of typical consumer
goods, there are just many more goodies around to choose from. This
causes our discretionable incomes to be actually less at times. It's not
how much you make that counts, it's how much you keep that's important.
Taxes are a big part of this too.
Just my 5 cents (inflation) worth.
73,
Art, N2KA..