[TenTec] Results: Pegasus & Tuner Query

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Results: Pegasus & Tuner Query
From: n4py@qvssoftware.com (N4PY)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 08:23:20 -0400
Jeff,

I run a pegasus with the internal tuner at my alternate QTH.
I use the pegasus with a 40 meter dipole fed with open wire line
at 40 feet.  I have a 4 to 1 balun that connects directly to the pegasus
antenna SO-239.

This setup is an extremely simple installation and works very well.
Because the dipole is only 65 feet long, I only operate 40 to 10
meters with it.  On all these bands, the internal tuner works very well,
giving me a 1.5 to 1 SWR on all these bands.  If I get fussy, I can always
tweak the tuner setting with its "CAP" and "IND" controls on the front
panel of my software.

I found the construction of the tuner to be excellent.  The operation of the
tuner is always fast, giving a good match in just a few seconds.  There
are no latching relays but so what.  When you turn the pegasus on, you
simply click "auto tune" and in just a few seconds, you are ready to go.
I really can't imagine how the tuner could do a better job.  This one is
definitely a keeper.

If you decide not to get the internal tuner, you are missing out on an
extremely
easy to use setup.

Carl Moreschi  N4PY