[TenTec] Jupiter QSK

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter QSK
From: timcook@erinet.com (timcook@erinet.com)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 05:58:29 -0500 (CDT)
Hi,
I had a Jupiter when they first came out and was not very happy with
it, QSK operation was one of the areas I was unhappy with.  I noticed
what I call a "squelch tail" on the sidetone after each element of a
character. It was not a clean on/off tone. I did not keep the radio.
In the year or so that has passed I have been watching the reviews on
eham and have yet to see anyone mention that they had issues with the
qsk/sidetone operation.  Maybe the one I had was defective? I'd like
to hear from any dedicated CW qsk op's and their experience with the
Jupiter. I might be ready to replace my FT-1000 MP MK V if the qsk is
as good as the Triton's and Omni-C's I've had.  thanks for any
information.
73
Tim
NZ8J