[TenTec] Ten-Tec Gear at Field Day

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Gear at Field Day
From: k4cgy_list@yahoo.com (James C. Owen, III)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:24:18 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Keith,
   We used my Jupiter on 40M SSB for FD. We were K3PZN 7A MD.
All comments on the Jupiter were positive as everyone that
operated it were amazed at what it could do. I used the Heil
headset and a MFJ voice keyer with a 40m dipole and a 40M
vertical. I was concerned before FD that the high RF fields would
cause desense and intermod as I have had some in the past with
the Corsair II. However there was NO indication that anyone else
was anywhere near.   The only time I had desense was when the
GOTA station 250 ft away got within 30 Khz of my frequency,
that's amazing for a receiver with a wide roofing filter.
   Two of the other stations including the GOTA  (K3AA 7A MD)
were using Icom 746's and at times they were mostly unusable due
to desense and high background noise levels from several of the
other rigs. The Kenwood TS-850's seemed to do fine. I'm not
bashing the ICOM's just what I observed.

73 Jim K4CGY