[TenTec] Arithmetic Check

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Arithmetic Check
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 20:59:08 -0500
Bill, it is past history, but the Kachina 505 DSP has can display the
received signal in S units, dBm or uVolts. The S-meter is linearized by
table lookup with the table being developed for each transceiver
individually. The output metering is equally as versatile. The power output
is controlled to within 0.1 dB.

This is the radio that Doug Smith designed before he went with TenTec to do
the Orion.

With regard to Bills' comment re the 340's meter being in the Orion, I
would paraphrase that to say that the entire 340 receiver should have been
put into the Orion. Only then it would be a $6K radio instead of a $4K
radio. But, it would be a good one!  <:}

73/72/oo, George W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 56th year and it just keeps getting better!
QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6 SOC 262 COG 8 FPQRP 404 TEN-X 11771 I-LINK 11735
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina 505 DSP  #91900556  Icom IC-765 #02437