[TenTec] Microphone on Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Microphone on Pegasus
From: k4cgy_list@yahoo.com (James C. Owen, III)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:11:30 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Rich,
   My main microphone for the Jupiter (Pegasus would be the same)
is the same one I have used on all my rigs for the last 42 years.
This is an Astatic D-104. I get excellent audio reports and it
drives the Jupiter and everything else I have ever used just
fine. I also use a Heil headset (model I forget) for contest and
it likewise gets good reports but the D-104 I'm told is smoother.
BTW experments with the original crystal D-104 and a newer
ceramic says the crystal sounds slightly better. Maybe it's from
"burning in" for 42 years!

73 Jim K4CGY