[TenTec] Thanks, and now for the next problem!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Thanks, and now for the next problem!
From: mcolvin@myrealbox.com (Michael Colvin)
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 15:49:37 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
Thanks to all who submitted suggestions about the lack of RF sensitivity =
in
my TenTec 540 (Triton IV).  Most of you suggested that I clean the antenn=
slide switch or alternately replace the antenna diodes.  I tried the slid=
switch suggestion to no avail.  Having done the easy thing first, and not
wanting to rush into replacing the diodes, I decided to check the solder
joints on the SWR/ALC board again.  I discovered that one of my solder
joints was cold (oops!).  As soon as I resoldered that, everything worked
again!=0D
=0D
Now to my next thorny issue.  I replaced the dial pointer on an Argonaut =
509
that I have, which had been working quite well.  When I put it back toget=
her
and turned it on, I could hear no signals on 40M, and the antenna trimmer
gives a peak output at 21MHz.  What's going on?  What did I do when I was
changing the dial pointer that could have caused the receiver to die like
that?=0D
=0D
Michael=0D
=0D
Michael Colvin, KBOMJ=0D
kb0mj@arrl.net, for amateur radio-related mail=0D
mcolvin@myrealbox.com for general mail=0D
http://colvin.info=0D
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

multipart/related
  multipart/alternative
    text/html
  image/gif