[TenTec] Pegasus NB

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus NB
From: rich@1967z28.com (Rich McCabe)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 18:00:12 -0500
I am pretty sure this has been debated on the forum but I could not find it
in the Archive.

I am curious other Pegasus owners results with the NB on the Peg. I talked
to Carl and he said his NB works the same as the orginal Ten Tec software
but it acts totally different on my rig.

With the stock Ten Tec software I see no difference when I flip the switch
except on 160 AM and it is marginal there. On SSB there is no difference at
all. With the N4PY software I notice the difference right away. As a matter
of fact some settings will distort the received audio of the incoming
signal.

I have played around with Mike's new Pegasus Plus and find that it acts
similar to Ten Tec's and makes little difference.

Has anyone else had similar results?? Also I see that the new Pegasus Plus
has a new "noise reduction" button that is supposed to be an adaptive DSP
filter that allows noise reduction. They say it cuts down background noise

Any comments?

73,

Rich