[TenTec] Omni VI Plus freq. readout

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus freq. readout
From: w4foa@voy.net (Tony Martin)
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 13:37:27 -0400
Hey Joe,

Many be the night that I have awakened in a cold sweat wondering
if my Omni 6+ has drifted off freq since my final QSO of the day.
But, thank goodness, I have my trusty BC-221 military freq meter
right here on the desk.  I just get out the manual and make the
adjustments necessary and sure enough!  I left that 6+ set on
7030.00000.00000 and now it has drifted all the way to
7030.00000.00002.  Guess it must be time to dig into the innards
and change out some caps and install that oven...this kind of drift
is just intolerable.  I sure hope the FCC or the OO's are not paying too
much attention as I drift around the bands! It's always easy
to find one of the TenTec gang...just listen to them as they drift in
and out of the passband.

I often wonder how I survived with my Heath AT-1 and the companion
VF-1....knowing what I know now, I would have never been able to
go to sleep at night.  (-8

OK...where did I put that soldering iron.....

Not too seriously yours,
Tony, W4FOA