[TenTec] Omni VI Plus freq. readout

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus freq. readout
From: aa4nn@earthlink.net (Joe Blackwell)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 13:10:12 -0400
So why do you quote my email on this?  What does your reply have to do with
the price of eggs.
Joe, aa4nn

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
 > Date: 10/3/2002 12:49:15 PM
> Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus freq. readout
>
> Where the problem becomes apparent is when frequency error far exceeds
the least significant display digit.  In other words, if the
> display is meant to indicate an operating frequency down to 10Hz
resolution, what good is a 10Hz display digit when the allowable
> specified frequency error is in the order of 80Hz to 100Hz?  We may as
well cover up the last digit with tape because its use
> becomes irrelevant.  This was indeed my case prior to the installation of
the TCXO.

> With the inclusion of the retro-fitted TCXO, my Omni Six deviates no
greater than 30 Hz from cold start-up on 10M.  If I want more
> accuracy (e.g., digital modes), I tune to WWV at 10 MHz from the 30M band
button.  Checking the display accuracy becomes a very