[TenTec] Jupiter v. Argonaut-V: v. ??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter v. Argonaut-V: v. ??
From: james.fonte@callisma.com (James Fonte)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 15:05:05 -0500
BlankI've been comparing the tedious minutia that we all get caught-up in
from time-to-time when selecting a new or second rig...things like MDS, BDR,
IMDDR3. phase noise, etc.

Knowing full well that I intend to own an Orion sometime in the near-future
(6 months, +/-), and that I'm still going to retain my O-VI+, my present
target is that rig that will travel with me -- in the car, at the hotel
(during extended consulting gigs), or just in the backyard on the patio
table during a given weekend.

IF-DSP...and digital filtering - those seem to be the big wants for me, so
here I am, weighing the Jupiter v. the Argonaut-V --- what do you think??
Power is NOT the issue -- size...ehhhh, not really -- American made, yep
yep!

Or should I just put out for a K2 and shut up?? (Jim...please don't throw me
off the reflector for musing outloud!)

~;?)
73!
   Jim, K9FI

James M. Fonte   K 9 F I
Senior Consultant - Advanced Transport Solutions
FCC GROL# PG-18-15306
mailto:jfonte@callisma.com
Cellular 574-876-5577
Callisma                 http://www.callisma.com