[TenTec] Have you Noticed

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Have you Noticed
From: ve1adh@yahoo.ca (David McClafferty)
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 17:19:09 -0400 (EDT)
I have experienced the same thing with my Pegasus
except I compared it with a Yaesu FRG-7. I found if
you turn the monitor off 10 meter signals are equal on
both radios. The problem is the monitor noise is
activating the AGC on the Pegasus and reducing the
gain even when it is not tuned to a noisy frequency. I
have some antennas that are far from my shack and
there is no problem with them. Unfortunately my Gap
Titan and my 10 meter beam are close to the shack and
I don't have any room to move them away. I guess the
best solution is an LCD monitor.

73, Dave VE1ADH