[TenTec] Omni VI+ and Heil mics

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ and Heil mics
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 22:10:09 -0500
Stuart:

I agree totally with your comments.

With one point of clarification:
Most of us have shacks too far from RF ground.  Keep in mind that RF ground
is based on electrical wavelength.  Hence a ground that is 1/4 wavelength
produces the highest voltages at one end.  Example: on 20M 1/4 wave is some
16ft. and is a worst case situation for an effective RF ground on 20M.

I use balanced feedline on a center fed 256 ft. wire and operate 160M - 10M
and have NO RF ground on the rig or tuner.  There's no RF in the shack
either.  The only ground is the AC 3rd pin ground for safety purposes.  My
station is on the 2nd floor of a wooden frame house.  Under these
conditions, the Omni VI+ driving the Centurion amp doesn't cause a problem.
Clearly my balanced feed system works and the center of the antenna is 55 ft
above ground.  Also, there is no telephone interference or TVI either.

73
Bob K4TAX