[TenTec] Omni VI+ and Heil mics

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ and Heil mics
From: Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com (Gary Hoffman)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 20:51:37 -0400
I'd like to comment on ground also.

My shack is in a separate building, and since its "the shack" I can
make holes in the walls anywhere I want !  :))

So, I have a hole right behind the rig, going to an array of ground rods
right below the hole.  Some 5 feet of length in all.  Wonderful ground.

But its still not good enough for 6 meters for example.  So, I placed a
second heavy line in parallel with the first, but much longer.  This way
I get the low impedance point to repeat at the shack end of the line.
No way is this a new trick, but its worth recalling.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ