[TenTec] Pegasus vs. Argonaut V - CW Filter Bandwidth

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus vs. Argonaut V - CW Filter Bandwidth
From: ve1adh@yahoo.ca (David McClafferty)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:04:38 -0500 (EST)
I am surprised that someone hasn't come up with new
FLASH firmware from scratch, for the Pegasus.

73, Dave

 --- Mark Erbaugh &lt;mark@microenh.com&gt; wrote:
&gt; I certainly would like narrower filters and/or
&gt; better skirts on the existing
&gt; Pegasus filters. I was told by TenTec that
narrower
&gt; filters would require
&gt; more DSP processing, which isn't available in the
&gt; Pegasus. I'm assuming that
&gt; since the Argonaut V is 4+ years newer than the
&gt; Pegasus, it has more DSP
&gt; processing capability, hence the narrower filter.
&gt;
&gt; Still, if TT would release the code to the
Pegasus
&gt; DSP, I'm sure someone
&gt; could figure how to squeeze more filtering out of
&gt; it...
&gt;
&gt; 73,
&gt; Mark
&gt;
&gt; ----- Original Message -----
&gt; From: &#34;Bill Nicolson&#34;
&lt;k2rig@comcast.net&gt;
&gt; To: &lt;TenTec@contesting.com&gt;
&gt; Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 9:45 AM
&gt; Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus vs. Argonaut V - CW
Filter
&gt; Bandwidth
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; &gt; I don't know if anyone else has noticed but
I for
&gt; one would like to know
&gt; if
&gt; &gt; Ten Tec could offer a 200 Hz min. bandwidth
&gt; &gt; on the Pegasus like they offer on the new
Argonaut
&gt; V?
&gt; &gt; I for one would prefer the tighter CW
bandwidth
&gt; even if I had to give up
&gt; &gt; something else. Or why not offer it as an
option?
&gt; &gt; Carl (N4PY) what do you think?
&gt; &gt; 73 de Bill K2rig
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Bill Nicolson - K2RIG - K2 #1764
&gt; &gt; Colonia - New Jersey
&gt; &gt; E-Mail - k2rig@comcast.net
&gt; &gt; Web - http://mywebpages.comcast.net/k2rig
&gt; &gt;