[TenTec] 20 m users' net

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 20 m users' net
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 17:25:20 -0500
I've never heard of any "understanding" or "gentleman's agreement" banning
nets from the WARC bands, and I have heard some small nets from time to
time.

Whatever...

In any case, take another crack at one of your antennas with a tuner, you
might be surprised.  For example, I've found that my AR99 10 meter vertical
will play on 12, 15 and 17 with not much persuasion from my tuner.  Outside
of the ineveitable & occasional DX pileups, the WARC bands are very pleasant
places to operate.

73, ron wn3vaw

'If tin whistles are made of tin, what's do they make fog horns out of?'
-- from "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavor on the Bedpost Overnight?"
Lonnie Donegan, SK, 4 November 2002