[TenTec] Scout DC Supply Voltage sensitivity

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout DC Supply Voltage sensitivity
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net (Bwana Bob)
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 19:45:00 -0500
I think that the 2940 regulator needs 11 V minimum, but there are lots
of places for voltage drop ahead of the regulator: The power cable, fuse
and fuse holder, power switch, power connector, and the regulator
socket. Every little bit hurts. I put De-oxit on the regulator chip
leads where they plug into the socket. One of these days, I'll change
the spring-loaded fuse holder and fuse to an automotive blade type fuse.

                        73,

                        Bob WB2VUF