[TenTec] 20 m users' net

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 20 m users' net
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 08:13:30 -0500
That would be my thinking. You and I are discussing TenTec radios, and so
what if 20 others join us - that should be actually preferred as that
eliminates 10 separate QSO's.

I checked with the ARRL and there is no FCC prohibition against either
contests or nets on the WARC bands. The IARU discourages contests on the
WARC bands and the contest sponsors have agreed. John, N1KB, at the ARRL
says that the IARU discourages nets on one of the WARC bands, he thinks it
is 30m, but the other two are okay.

However, if we can find an open spot on 20, it would be nice for those folks
who don't have WARC capability, and there were some TT rigs made that don't.

Mark