[TenTec] a buzz in my ten tec and yaesu -- WHYYYY???

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] a buzz in my ten tec and yaesu -- WHYYYY???
From: w9wis@charter.net (Michael Melland)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:44:43 -0600
I found noise like that comming from the small switching power supply that
was connected to the flatbed scanner in my shack.  It's on whenever there is
power to the computer by design....

It had been totaly quiet for the past 5 years but I detected the noise in
one of my HF receivers about 3 weeks ago and went through the same
elimination system as you did and was still stumped.  As I sat there
contemplating I noticed the small switcher behind my bench.... I unplugged
it and... no noise.  No idea why after all these years it got so noisy....
perhaps it's "wearing out" <grin>.

Mike
--
Michael Melland, W9WIS