[TenTec] Argonaut V PSK-31 Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut V PSK-31 Problem
From: w8keb@1st.net (Ken & Linda Burrough)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 15:22:42 -0500
Hi Scott

I can not get the new Argo to work in PSK-31.  With the Rascal Interface I
can receive and the PTT will key the Argo but no audio out to the computer.
I then used the din cable that came with my Pegasus and the Argo will
receive but will not key the VOX and no audio to the computer.

I do not want to send the Argonaut V back at this time as I have been using
the Pegasus for PSK, just want to let you know about the problem.  I plan to
remove the covers and look around the inside for cold solder joints or maybe
something did not get soldered.

Please ask Stan how he set up the Argonaut V he was testing on PSK-31 at
home.  Here is what I used.

1.  The Ten-Tec five Wire Din Cable.

2.  Using the Yellow and White Female RCA Plugs I used two Male RCA Jacks
with audio cable.  At the far end I used 1/8 inch mono jacks to fit the
sound card.

If I do not get it working on PSK-31 I will send it back before the one year
warranty is up.  That is the only problem I have found with the Argonaut V,
it is a very good radio and the DSP Filters are outstanding.  The filters
are much better then my Pegasus.

Thanks Ken/w8keb
w8keb@arrl.net