[TenTec] D104

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] D104
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 14:53:31 -0600
I've found that many D-104 mikes actually sound bad because the element is
bad.  Oh but don't be mislead because it may still have output but it sounds
bad.  Typically the original crystal elements do not like heat or moisture.
Most often moisture is deposited on the element from ones breath while
"close talking using a Chicken Choker" or "lolly pop" type G stand.  Store
one in a hot room, attic or car in the summer and you can bet the element is
history, quality wise.  At the same time a D-104 with a ceramic element,
which doesn't have the high output level, is more tolerable to heat and
moisture.

Just for grins.

73
Bob, K4TAX