[TenTec] Argonaut V PSK-31 Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut V PSK-31 Problem
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 15:01:43 -0600
First, why do folks think an interface is necessary?  There is the line
level audio output which with proper mating connectors and a shielded cable
will get audio from the radio to the line input of the sound card.  Second,
with a Aux audio input, the line out put from the sound card will feed the
radio.

If one is using the MIC input and Speaker output of the sound card, you
shouldn't be.  Same true for the radio, don't use the speaker output or
headphone output to drive the sound card.  Same true for the audio from the
sound card to the radio, don't use the mike input.  Use the Aux audio input.

On certain occasions I have put "T" type resistive attenuators in line but
only to give a more mid position on the sound card software level setting.

73
Bob, K4TAX